Chris Billiards in Chicago Illinois held a USBA Nationals Qualifying event February 12-14. Thirteen players competed for a chance to win a paid entry into the National Championship. Four players emerged victorious in their quest.
As the 2016 USBA 3-CUSHION NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP approaches the excitement and competitive spirit is building throughout the country. And what better place to hold a qualifier than the venerable Chris's Billiards in Chicago Illinois. With seven Chevillotte tables and a long history of hosting USBA events - including two national championships - Chris's was the perfect setting for a weekend of challenging billiard play.
The thirteen players who assembled were split into one flight of 7 and one flight of 6. Round Robin played ensued where the top three players from each of the two preliminary flights moved on to the round robin finals. That meant players had many opportunities to both enjoy the comepeitive play and to show their skills as they vied for spots in the upcoming championship event.
Five of the six finalists are pictured above (left to right): Sabina Manriquez (5th), Felipe Razon (1st), Alfredo Sanches (2nd), Luis Milan (6th) and Olegario Gallo (4th). Not shown is Thang Le (3rd).
Felipe, Alfredo, Thang and Olegario will now move on to compete for the 2016 USBA title. See you at the Nationals in March!
- USBA National Qualifier Tournaments Bring Upcoming Championship to Center Stage
- First Shamrock Invitational Is Lucky for All Who Played
- Turkey Wins Its Fifth World Team Championship Title
- First World Team Trophy Goes to European Men and Asian Women, But Win is Bittersweet
- Frederic Caudron Leads Europeans to Sweep Survival 3-Cushion Masters