US Billiard players honored the memory of the great cue builder Dennis Dieckman with a memorial tournament October 19-21, 2018. Held at Amazin Billiards in Malden Massachusetts the event attracted 18 players from all parts of the USA. Mazin Shooni, former US Champion and owner of Amazin Billiards was the winner.
The 18-players were split into three flights of 6 to compete in round robin play in the preliminary rounds. The top eight advanced to the single elimination finals. Here are the results from the preliminary rounds:
The final 8 were: Mazin Shooni who faced Paul Frankel in the first round, Mike Elkin who faced Jairo Lenis, Berkay Keskin who met Raymond Tower and Bob Page who matched with Yura Kyong. Mazin, Jairo, Berkay and Bob advanced.
In the semi-final match-ups it was Bob Page over Berkay Keskin and Mazin Shooni over Jairo Lenis.
And so to the finals. In the last game of the event Mazin Shooni breezed through, winning the match 25 to 10 in 25 innings while facing his long-time friend and friendly rival Bob Page (pictured here L to R)
Congratulations to Mazin Shooni and thanks to all who participated in Dennis Dieckman's memory.
- Ertan Tarhan Goes Undefeated To Win Russ Guppy Memorial
- Eddy Merckx Gets Stronger And Stronger Winning Guri World Cup
- Haeng-Jik Kim Defeats Lufti Cenet In World Cup Final!
- Lather, Rinse, REPEAT! Therese Klompenhouwer and Myung-Woo Cho Both Champions Again!
- Semih Sayginer Wins First Major Tournament in Comeback Effort