In the latest World Players Ranking released by the UMB today Torbjorn Blomdahl with 403 points remains on top. This latest list includes points earned in the most recently completed World Cup held in Istanbul Turkey. The results from the 2014 World Cup Guri drop off. Despite losing 30 points overall from the last ranking list, Blomdahl still retains a comfortable 117 point lead.
Dani Sanchez moves into second place with 286, followed closely by Dick Jaspers with 284 and Tayfun Tasdemir with 277, all who saw their point totals rise. Eddy Merckx dropped from second to fifth with a net loss of 42 points mostly when his 80 points for winning at Guri in 2014 fell off. US National Champion Pedro Piedrabuena moved up from 18th with 129 points to a tie for 15-16th with 145 points. The top 12 players are seeded into the main event at UMB World Cup tournaments without having to play in Qualification rounds. Moving up into the coveted group of 12 are Roland Forthomme the new #9 and Quyet Chien Tran the new #12. Two Korean players Jung Han Heo and Haeng Jik Kim slip down.
For a complete list of the most current rankings as well as access to historical listings, visit the UMB World Rakings page.
- UMB Suspends 85 Players Who Jumped Ship To PBA Tour
- USBA National Qualifier Tournaments Bring Upcoming Championship to Center Stage
- First World Team Trophy Goes to European Men and Asian Women, But Win is Bittersweet
- Billiard World In Turmoil - Rival to UMB Forming in Korea
- Olympic Dreams of Billiards for Paris 2024 Shift to Los Angeles 2028