With his second win in two years, Hugo Patiño of the United States has been crowned king of billiards in Lima. The American extended his title in the Grand Prix Panamericano by a victory over Robinson Morales in the final: 40-38 in 21 innings. Colombian-born Patino was rewarded with 5,000 dollars in the tournament which was organized in excellent fashion by RAJU Productions (Ramon Rodriguez and July Pinedo).
The Grand Prix Panamericano took place in the Circolo Sportivo Italiano with an excellet internet connection to enable broadcast of the eight matches.
The best overall average for the tournament was made by second place finisher Robinson Morales with 1.701. The highest run was 14 made by Alexander Salazar who finished sixth.
The final ranking:
1 Hugo Patiño (USA) 18-1.417-11
2 Robinson Morales (Col) 16-1.701-10
3 Luis Aveiga (Ecu) 14-1.383-9
4 Luis Martinez (Col) 12-1.254-8
5 Huberney Cataño (Col) 12-1.490-9
6 Alexander Salazar (Col) 12-1.313-14
7 Jose Juan Garcia (Col) 12-1.228-9
8 Julian Morales (Col) 10-1.214-10
9 Carlos Campiño (Col) 10-1.066-7
10 Oscar Castaño (Col) 10-1.017-8
- Ertan Tarhan Goes Undefeated To Win Russ Guppy Memorial
- Eddy Merckx Gets Stronger And Stronger Winning Guri World Cup
- Haeng-Jik Kim Defeats Lufti Cenet In World Cup Final!
- Lather, Rinse, REPEAT! Therese Klompenhouwer and Myung-Woo Cho Both Champions Again!
- Semih Sayginer Wins First Major Tournament in Comeback Effort