With his second win in two years, Hugo Patiño of the United States has been crowned king of billiards in Lima. The American extended his title in the Grand Prix Panamericano by a victory over Robinson Morales in the final: 40-38 in 21 innings. Colombian-born Patino was rewarded with 5,000 dollars in the tournament which was organized in excellent fashion by RAJU Productions (Ramon Rodriguez and July Pinedo).
The Grand Prix Panamericano took place in the Circolo Sportivo Italiano with an excellet internet connection to enable broadcast of the eight matches.
The best overall average for the tournament was made by second place finisher Robinson Morales with 1.701. The highest run was 14 made by Alexander Salazar who finished sixth.
The final ranking:
1 Hugo Patiño (USA) 18-1.417-11
2 Robinson Morales (Col) 16-1.701-10
3 Luis Aveiga (Ecu) 14-1.383-9
4 Luis Martinez (Col) 12-1.254-8
5 Huberney Cataño (Col) 12-1.490-9
6 Alexander Salazar (Col) 12-1.313-14
7 Jose Juan Garcia (Col) 12-1.228-9
8 Julian Morales (Col) 10-1.214-10
9 Carlos Campiño (Col) 10-1.066-7
10 Oscar Castaño (Col) 10-1.017-8
- First World Team Trophy Goes to European Men and Asian Women, But Win is Bittersweet
- Frederic Caudron Leads Europeans to Sweep Survival 3-Cushion Masters
- Tayfun Tasdemir Wins Antalya 2019 World Cup
- Thomas Anderson Wins His Second Danish Championship
- Dick Jaspers is #1 in Netherlands... and the World!