LAUSANNE - The Olympic stronghold Lausanne was the stage for the annual event with world class players in three cushion from November 22-25. The Belgian Eddy Merckx won the Lausanne Billard Masters in the final against Turk Murat Naci Coklu. This same week billiards presented itself as a candidate for the Olympic Games in 2024 in Paris. The promotional tour is in full swing, also on sporting level with all the major international tournaments.
Eddy Merckx showed in Lausanne what "Olympic form" looks like. On the final day, he first defeated Dani Sánchez 40-35 in 23 and in the final Murat Naci Coklu 40-33 in 17. This win only adds to his amazing 2018 year! We've honored Eddy with six featured stories on his 2018 accomplishments!
Eddy Merckx WIns World Cup in Seoul (November 2018)
Eddy Merckx Wins Kimchi Superprestige (September 2018)
Eddy Merckx Wins Verhoeven Open (August 2018)
Eddy Merckx Wins 3CC Masters Inaugural (July 2018)
Eddy Merckx Wins His 9th Belgian Title (January 2018)
Read more about the Lausanne event from our friends at Kozoom. Thanks to Kozoom and the Lausanne Billiard Masters Organization for story and picture. Complete results for Lausanne can be found here.
- USBA National Qualifier Tournaments Bring Upcoming Championship to Center Stage
- First Shamrock Invitational Is Lucky for All Who Played
- Turkey Wins Its Fifth World Team Championship Title
- First World Team Trophy Goes to European Men and Asian Women, But Win is Bittersweet
- Frederic Caudron Leads Europeans to Sweep Survival 3-Cushion Masters