USBA 2016 Nationals Qualifier Carom Cafe Flushing New York USA
Saturday, January 23, 2016 Hits : 770
Carom Café Billiards
Tournament Date: Saturday, January 23, 2016
Tournament Venue:Carom Café Billiards, Flushing, NY, 718 358 8585
Entry Fee:$105.00 for USBA Members | $130.00 for Non-USBA Members
Format:To be determined by the number of entrants
Participants must be a USBA Member or pay a $25 tournament participation fee. A sanction fee per player is also charged. The venue is NOT required to be a USBA Room Member, however, cloth or other reimbursements and commissions are only given to USBA Room Members. Ranking points are the same as any USBA Sanctioned Tournament. Any money that is added to the prize fund by the room or other sponsors will be matched 50% by USBA Sponsors. Table time can be charged to the players as long as money has not been added by the USBA Sponsors.
1) With 5 players, 1 player can qualify for the Nationals.
2) With 10 players, 2 can qualify.
3) Thereafter, for every additional 5 players, 1 more can qualify.
4) $300 per player who qualifies is sent to the USBA which represents the $300 Nationals entry fee and any other money is paid out to the players in prize money as the tournament director sees fit. All other eligible participants in the qualifier are entitled to submit their Nationals' entry fee to the USBA if there are available spots in the Nationals. The normal entry fee is $500 but all qualifier participants receive the discounted rate of $300.
5) A player who is not eligible to participate in the Nationals may be permitted to play in a Qualifier at the discretion of the Tournament Director. An ineligible player may NOT win a qualifying position (which requires a $300 payment to the USBA). However, an ineligible player is permitted to win prize money if it is available. Prize money payouts are determined by the Tournament Director.
6) If a Qualifying player cannot attend the Nationals, then the USBA will use 50% ($150) of the $300 entry fee towards the running of the Nationals and will give the remaining 50% ($150) to the next-in-line player from that Qualifier that attends the Nationals up to a total of 2 more positions of finish.
7) Cloth reimbursement: the USBA reimburses the room for up to ½ the cost of their cloth costs assuming that the room has recovered the tables for the Qualifier and that all of those tables are used for the Qualifier. Five (5) players per table need to play in the event. Example: If a room has a qualifier and re-covers its 3 tables which costs $240 per cloth ($720 total), the qualifier must use all 3 tables for the event and the event must have a minimum of 15 (fifteen) players. If so, the USBA will reimburse the room a total of $360, or half the cost. If there are 14 players, then the USBA reimburses the room for ½ the cost of just 2 cloths ($240). The tables need to be re-covered with Simonis 300 and purchased through Simonis for the event. A copy of the receipt must be submitted to the Secretary.
Dress Code: dress shirt, dress slacks, formal wear tie and vest, black shoes.
Please Contact Tournament Directors
Carom Cafe Billiards
3402 Linden Pl
Flushing, New York 11354 USA
718 358 8585
Contact Charlie Brown 646-528-3238
Ten Verhoeven 5'X10' Heated Three-Cushion Billiard Tables in the main arena
Two additional Verhoeven 5'X10' Heated Three-Cushion Billiard Tables in the adjacent room
Ten 4'X8' Carom Billiard Tables